Thank you for your interest in fundraising for Festina Lente – we really appreciate your support.
We want your fundraising endeavours to be enjoyable, as well as being safe and legal, so please read theses terms and conditions before completing our forms.
Ability to Fundraise for Festina Lente
In order to organise and host a fundraising event in the name of Festina Lente, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older (If you are under the age of 18 years of age, you will need written permission from a parent or guardian)
- Complete a Fundraising Event form and submit it to Festina Lente at least 30 days prior to your event
- Not make any announcements or publicise any such fundraising event until Festina Lente gives approval for you to host a fundraiser.
Fundraising for Festina Lente
- Fundraising activities must be conducted in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Festina Lente is happy to offer advice and guidance for co-ordinating your activity, however the overall running of the event, including expenses, promotion, record-keeping and management is ultimately your responsibility.
- Festina Lente insurance cannot extend to volunteer events – we recommend you seek independant insurance advice.
- Please advise Festina Lente of any changes to details provided in this form prior to your event.
- Before organising a public collection, please contact your local Garda Station for advice on the necessary permits you will require.
- If you plan to solicit contributions, sponsorship, or in-kind gifts from businesses, please provide us with a list of potential business sponsors for review prior to approaching. A list of all goods and services donated by companies should be submitted when making final remittance to Festina Lente.
- If you are organising a raffle where tickets are to be sold to people other than to your guests, you should contact us on 01-2720704 200.
- Raffle and Sale of Property: Festina Lente does not participate in or promote private property raffles or lotteries.
- Door-to-door calls are not permissible. Please increase text size to have consistent with the rest of text
Cash handling and banking
In line with health and safety guidelines to minimise the risk of Covid 19 infection, we would encourage the use of electronic donations. Where this is not possible we would ask that organisers of fundraising events take every precaution to protect themselves and others handling cash ie. Wear gloves when counting cash, hand sanitise repeatedly where this is not possible and maintain social distancing See https://www2.hse.ie/wellbeing/shopping-safely-coronavirus/ or https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/what-you-need-to-know-about-handling-cash-amid-coronavirus-spread-who.html
To comply with best practice and to protect the organisers of the event, it is recommended that at least two people are involved with the counting and remitting of fundraising proceeds.
All net proceeds must be submitted to Festina Lente within 30 days of the conclusion of the event.
Use of Festina Lente Names and Logos
When naming your event, please do not use the Festina Lente name or brand in your title. Instead, you can use our name as a beneficiary of the net proceeds. For example (Event name) to benefit Festina Lente.
Photographs of fundraising volunteers must be taken at Festina Lente fundraising events for promotional purposes. All volunteers will be asked to consent to this. If you do not wish to be photographed please let us know in advance.