OPEN JOB VACANCY
Events & Workshops Co-Ordinator (CSP Supported Position)
Contract Type: Part-time Permanent
Festina Lente provides a unique range of equestrian and horticultural activities, training, recreational events and employment services with a strong emphasis on social inclusion, choice and personal development. The services are provided through the following:
• Festina Lente Gardens
• Equestrian Training Programme
• Transition Training Programme
• Festina Lente Riding School
• Equine Assisted Interventions
• Saol Anois Day Service
These Services are funded through state agencies such as the HSE, POBAL, the KWETB and the DEASP, as well as public donations and commercial income from our Garden Shop and Equestrian Centre.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is a CSP Supported Position (POBAL Funded)
Qualifying Criteria for all applicants applying for CSP Supported Positions:
• People who are in the workforce but unemployed and seeking to return to work i.e.,
people who are in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit (JB), Jobseekers Allowance (JA);
people who are signing for credits
• Qualified Adults (Adult dependants of those in receipt of social welfare payment)
• People with Disabilities (PWD) i.e. in receipt of Disability Allowance, Blind Pension,
Partial Capacity Benefit, or other disability benefit.
• Ukrainians (displaced by the war)
• People coming from a labour activation scheme i.e. Community Employment, TUS,
or RSS placements
• One Parent Families (people who parent alone without sufficient resources and are
in receipt of social welfare payments)
• People who are deserted, separated, divorced or widowed (People in receipt of
Widow/er’s non-contributory pension, surviving Civil Partner’s non-contributory
pension, or deserted Wives allowance/benefit)
• Carers (people in receipt of Carers Allowance/Benefit who want to return to the
• Migrants • Refugees • Asylum Seekers
• Irish Travellers • Roma
• People who are homeless
• Stabilised and recovering drug misusers
Job Title: Events & Workshops Co-Ordinator (CSP Supported Position)
Contract Type: Part-time Permanent
Location: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Reporting to: Garden Manager/Head of Horticulture
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Main Purpose: The main purpose of the role is to design and deliver workshops and events in line with the strategic goals and objectives of the Organisation.
Job Description: The principal duties and responsibilities include:
• To lead the events committee and design a calendar of events in liaison with the Equestrian Learning Centre, Financial Controller & Social Media Exec
• To support the design and delivery of horticultural workshops and events
• To liaise with key stakeholders to increase community participation in the Walled Garden
• To work with the HR administrator to ensure adequate co-ordination of volunteers
• To work closely with the Head of Horticulture and Garden Team in the development and implementation of Strategic Plans
• To support the Head of Horticulture in developing and implementing a planting plan for Belfield House
• To adopt and promote a culture of sustainable practice in line with the four pillars of sustainability
• Support the Head of Horticulture in the development of relationships with key stakeholders e.g. education providers, volunteering agencies, schools, community groups etc.
This job description is not exhaustive and the other duties may be assigned from time to time in accordance with the needs of the service. This job description may be revised to take account of changing circumstances or requirements.
Essential requirements the person must meet are as follows:
• 3 years’ experience of planning and delivering events and workshops
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
• Proven ability to work within a team
• Knowledge and alignment of the Green Care Model
• Knowledge and interest in the area of Social Therapeutic Horticulture
• Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to adapt communication styles to suit the needs of individual trainees, service users, staff members and clients of Festina Lente
• Creative and Resourceful
• An ability to multitask
• Confidence in one’s own strengths and ability
• Willingness to learn and an openness to alternative approaches
• Strong work ethic
• Excellent time-keeping
• Proven ability to work on own initiative within a flexible, co-operative team structure
• Solution focused
• Fluent English is required
• Self-motivated with a proven ability to work to deadlines
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary: TBC dependent on experience
Hours: 19.5 hours per week
Pension: Employees have access to PRSA scheme.
Working Week: TBC – may include occasional weekend work.
Travel & Subsistence: A fleet of vehicles is available. However, there may be a requirement from time to time to travel in your own vehicle. If and when these occasions arise, expenses will be paid in accordance with Festina Lente travel rates
Annual Leave: Annual Leave will be calculated at 8% of all hours worked. Entitlement to Public Holidays will be in accordance with the Working Time Act of 1997
Location of the position: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow
HOW TO APPLY:
Application forms can be found on our website should be completed online by Friday 26th May 2023.
Please email if you have any queries to email@example.com
Interviews will be held week beginning 29th May 2023.
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description. A panel may be formed from this process Please note a second interview may be held
For Your Information:
• The position advertised is supported through Pobal. Pobal administer and manage Government and EU funding to address disadvantage and support social inclusion.
• Evidence of your eligibility for this position as laid down in Pobal Guidelines must accompany your application.
Qualifying Criteria for all applicants applying for CSP SupportedPositions:
• Person in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit (JB), Jobseeker’s Assistance (JA), one parent family payment (OPF) or the Jobseeker Transitional Payment
• Persons in receipt of disability allowance (DA), invalidity pension, blind persons pension or other disability benefit.
• Travellers in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Assistance or one parent family benefit.
• Stabilised and recovering drug mis‐users.
• People employed from Tús, Gateway, Community Employment (CE) and Job Initiatives (JI) schemes are deemed eligible but cannot simultaneously hold a CSP and Tús/Gateway/CE/JI/RSS position. Former RSS workers who were previously CE participants are also eligible.
FESTINA LENTE CHILD PROTECTION POLICY / GARDA VETTING / MANDATORY DECLARATION
Garda Vetting for all employees and volunteers is compulsory and those candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete a Garda Vetting form for submission at that time.
Festina Lente is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society