Job Title: Behaviour Specialist – Disability Day Service & Training Programmes
Contract Type: Full-time Permanent Contract of Employment
Location: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Reporting to: Training & Community Education Manager
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer & Deputy Chief Executive & Day Services Manager
1. Provide guidance for new referrals to Festina Lente services
2. Conduct Functional Behaviour Assessments to develop Multi-element Behaviour Support plans in conjunction with the individual, their families, and staff
3. Provide 1-1 support to individuals to help them design and lead their own Multi Element Behaviour Support (MEBS) plans, learn new strategies and alternative behaviours to work on their life goals.
4. Work closely with the person’s key worker or advocate to create structures that support them to implement the individuals MEBS plans
5. Work closely with families to support them to implement MEB plans at home
6. Provide weekly support and recommendations to keyworkers, including behaviour support strategies, to the staff team to implement with individual service members
7. Review and provide recommendations on significant events/incidents
8. Crisis management support
9. Support keyworkers to collect Behaviour data, analyse, create, and continuously work on progress graphs
10. Provide Positive Behavior Support training to staff teams and Parents/Carers and QQI Level 6 Learners
11. Review and provide recommendations for individual risk assessments.
12. Identify and refer service members for additional support where needed e.g. (counselling, occupational therapy, speech & language)
13. Share resources with the staff team to support the implementation of weekly recommendations.
14. Develop and implement policies and procedures in relation to Positive Behaviour Support, Positive Risk Assessment and Person Centred Planning and review on an annual basis
15. Work in conjunction with relevant professionals including Professional mentor, Psychology, O.T, Speech & Language etc
16. Ongoing review and analysis of the effectiveness of the MEBS plans and any other interventions implemented. (i.e. Weekly data collection, Monthly periodic review, 6 month MEBS review, yearly analysis).
17. Write professional reports or referrals
18. Ensure an ongoing focus on CPD in relation to professional accreditation and professional development.
19. Provide support with the ongoing development of the Organisation
20. Develop & deliver educational workshops to service members as needed e.g Consent, Grief & Loss etc
21. Develop Wellness plans in conjunction with service staff
22. Attend IPCP & ITP Meetings as appropriate
23. To attend residential three-day trip away with service members as appropriate
24. Complying with the Health and Safety requirements of the organisation
25. This job description is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned from time to time in accordance with the needs of the service. This job description may be revised to take account of changing circumstances or requirements
Other Duties will include:
• To contribute to the overall strategic planning of Festina Lente
Essential requirements the person must meet are as follows:
• A Master’s Degree (Level 9) in Applied Behaviour Analysis or Behavioural Psychology
• A minimum of three years’ full time experience of working in disability services
• Experience in utilising the principles of Behaviour Analysis and Positive Behaviour Support
• The ability to collect and analyse data
• Experience in conducting MEBS analysis
• Experience in facilitating person centred planning
• Experience of supervising and motivating people
• Proven experience of working within a team structure
• Committed to on-going self and professional development
• Welcomes change and is committed to encouraging continuous improvement and learning
• Manages your own workload effectively while responding to new demands.
• Has the capacity to integrate well with, and contribute to, an evolving organisation.
• Have fluent English both written and spoken
• Have a good and proficient knowledge of IT systems and is computer literate
• Have a full and clean Irish driving license.
Other desired specifications:
• Board Certified Behaviour Analyst
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of being a team player
• Experience of motivating people
• Proven ability to work on own initiative within a flexible, co-operative team structure
• Solution focused
• Ability to work to deadlines
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary: €37,522.00 – €53,532.00 (13 point scale)
Hours: 39 hours per week
Pension: Employees have access to PRSA scheme.
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Working Hours: 8.00am – 4.30pm (There may be times where support is required outside of these working hours and so flexibility is required)
Travel & Subsistence: A fleet of vehicles is available; however, there may be a requirement from time to time to travel in your own vehicle. If and when these occasions arise, expenses will be paid in accordance with Festina Lente travel rates.
Access to a PRSA Scheme
Ongoing training and Development
Access to Educational Support
23 days’ annual leave pro rata
Personal Mental Health Day
Bike to work scheme
Annual Leave: Annual Leave will be 23 days per annum (pro rata). Entitlement to Public Holidays will be in accordance with the Working Time Act of 1997 (pro rata). Compulsory Leave must be taken during periods of service closure.
Service is closed for one week in December (Christmas)
Location of the position: Successful applicants will be required to work from both Day Service locations based in Dun Laoghaire, South County Dublin and Bray, Co. Wicklow
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date for Applications: 9th January 2023
Informal enquiries can be made by contacting Gianluca Stroppi at firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01 272 0704 (ext.207).
Application forms can be found on our website: https://www.festinalente.ie/forms/festina-lente-job-application-form/
Please email Nicki O’Shea, email@example.com if you have any queries.
Interviews will be held: Monday 16th January 2023
Second interview will be held as appropriate.
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description.
A file may be formed for future vacancies.
FESTINA LENTE CHILD PROTECTION POLICY / GARDA VETTING / MANDATORY DECLARATION
Garda Vetting for all employees and volunteers is compulsory and those candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete a Garda Vetting form for submission at that time.
The successful candidate will be provided with a copy of the Festina Lente Child Protection Policy and will be required to sign their acceptance of the contents of this document.
A Mandatory Declaration Form must be signed in advance of commencement of employment.
Festina Lente is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society
FESTINA LENTE MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Festina Lente is to provide a range of integrated training, occupational, learning and employment opportunities to people with disabilities. These services are provided through equestrianism, horticulture and community-based activities with an emphasis on choice, personal development and progression. The services are provided through the following:
• Equestrian Training Programme
• Transition Training Programme
• Festina Lente Riding School
• Equine Assisted Learning
• Equine Facilitated Education Programme
• Therapeutic Riding Service
• Saol Anois Day Service
• Festina Lente Gardens