FESTINA LENTE MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Festina Lente is to provide a range of integrated training, occupational, learning and employment opportunities to people with disabilities. These services are provided through equestrianism, horticulture, and community-based activities with an emphasis on choice, personal development and progression. The services are provided through the following:
• Equestrian Training Programme
• Transition Training Programme
• Festina Lente Riding School
• Equine Assisted Learning
• Equine Facilitated Education Programme
• Therapeutic Riding Service
• Saol Anois Day Service
• Festina Lente Gardens
Job Title: Community Connector – Day Service’s
Contract Type: Maternity Cover Contract of Employment (fixed-term)
Hours: Monday – Wednesday & Friday’s – (31 hours per week)
Location: Bray, Co Wicklow
Reporting to: Training & Day Services Manager
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer / Deputy Chief Executive
Other Duties will include:
Your new job role will involve the following duties and responsibilities:
• To assist in implementing the Transition Training Programme, as set out in the Programme Descriptor, in conjunction with the Transition Training Programme Staff and Programme Manager
• To assist in managing the delivery and quality assurance of QQI modules as set out in the Programme Descriptor
• To contribute towards the evaluation of the delivery of the Training Programme on an annual basis
• To maintain and update training and assessment records for learners in line with the QQI accredited Quality Assurance Programme and HSE New Direction Guidelines
• To liaise with the Transition Training Programme Staff and the Programme Manager in the planning and facilitation of work experience placements
• To act as an advocate for learners involved in the programme
• To implement quality standards as per HSE New Directions Guidelines
• To deliver relevant programmes/classes, as per Programme Descriptor, QQI Quality Assurance Guidelines and HSE New Directions, while accounting for the learning needs and preferences of the learner group
• To liaise with the Programme Manager and contribute to the preparation of activities and records necessary for QQI, HSE New Directions and/or other accreditation
• To develop and write course material including lesson plans, worksheets and to develop or source teaching resources, with consideration to the resources available in the wider community
• To work in conjunction with the Programme Manager and team members to design, implement and review behaviour support plans for service users where appropriate
• To accompany Service Users on a Mid-Week, Break once per year.
• To carry out administrative tasks in consultation with the manager to ensure smooth running of the programme
• To build positive relationships and liaise with learner’s family members/guardians and/or support persons
• To work as a keyworker and develop individual person centred plans that support clients to set and achieve personal goals.
• To manage computer records and use IT resources to produce reports
• To keep informed about current issues affecting people with intellectual disabilities and to integrate evidenced based knowledge into daily practice
• To liaise with other organisations/professionals as required
• To comply with the Health and Safety requirements of the organisation
• To attend staff meetings and training as required
• To build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, learners & service users
• To facilitate learners to engage in community-based activities on a planned basis and to ensure the health and safety of learners during these off-site events
• Providing support, supervision and/or facilitation of educational programmes with the Day Service and Equestrian Training Programme
• To contribute to the overall strategic planning of Festina Lente
• This job description is not exhaustive and the other duties may be assigned from time to time in accordance with the needs of the service. This job description may be revised to take account of changing circumstances or requirements
This job description is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned from time to time in accordance with the needs of the service. This job description may be revised to take account of changing circumstances or requirements.
Essential requirements the person must meet are as follows:
• An appropriate third level qualification in a related field e.g. Social Care/ Mental Health / Behavioural Analysis / Psychology
• A minimum of one years’ experience of working in disability services
• A minimum of one years’ experience designing and implementing person centred plans
• Experience of supporting people with disabilities to access employment opportunities
• Experience of efficient administration and record keeping
• Experience in facilitating person centred planning
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Enjoys the outdoor environment and be physically able and fit for the strenuous nature of the post
• Have excellent knowledge and experience of delivering programmes and person centered plans in line with New Directions Policy
• Proven experience of working within a team structure
• Have fluent English
• Have a good and proficient knowledge of IT systems and is computer literate
Other desired specifications:
• Knowledge of Multi Element Behaviour Support
• Full clean drivers license
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of being a team player
• Proven ability to work on own initiative within a flexible, co-operative team structure
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary: €29,087 – €43,813 (13 point scale) pro rata
Hours: 31 hours per week
Pension: Employees have access to PRSA scheme.
Working Week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
Working Hours: 8.00am – 4.30pm
Travel & Subsistence: A fleet of vehicles is available; however, there may be a requirement from time to time to travel in your own vehicle. If and when these occasions arise, expenses will be paid in accordance with Festina Lente travel rates.
Access to a PRSA Scheme
Ongoing training and Development
Access to Educational Support
22 days’ annual leave pro rata
Personal Mental Health Day
Bike to work scheme
Annual Leave: Annual Leave will be 22 days per annum (pro rata). Entitlement to Public Holidays will be in accordance with the Working Time Act of 1997 (pro rata). Compulsory Leave must be taken during periods of service closure.
Service is closed for holidays in April, August and December
Location of the position: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 22nd September
Informal enquiries can be made by contacting Gianluca Stroppi at Gianluca.firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 0876611685.
Application forms can be found on our website https://www.festinalente.ie/forms/festina-lente-job-application-form/
Please email Nicki O’Shea, Hr@festinalente.ie if you have any queries.
Interviews date: TBC
Second interview will be held as appropriate.
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description.
A file may be formed for future vacancies.
FESTINA LENTE CHILD PROTECTION POLICY / GARDA VETTING / MANDATORY DECLARATION
Garda Vetting for all employees and volunteers is compulsory and those candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete a Garda Vetting form for submission at that time.
The successful candidate will be provided with a copy of the Festina Lente Child Protection Policy and will be required to sign their acceptance of the contents of this document.
A Mandatory Declaration Form must be signed in advance of commencement of employment.
Festina Lente is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society