OPEN JOB VACANCY
Temporary Retail Assistant (Full-Time / 6 – 8 weeks) – Garden Shop
Job Title: Temporary Garden Shop Retail Assistant
Contract Type: Full-time / Temporary – 8 Week Fixed Term Contract of Employment
Location: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Reporting to: Head of Gardening & Horticulture
Responsible to: CEO
Vacancy: Garden Shop Retail Assistant (Temporary Position)
The principal duties and responsibilities include:
• To maintain a high standard of display in the Garden Shop, and to merchandise the shop in order to make best use of the space available.
• To ensure the appropriate care and maintenance of plants including watering and feeding
• To operate the till and to ensure that all payments are managed in compliance with the company policy.
• To receive, check, log and store the delivery of stock where required.
• To ensure that stock is maintained in line with procedure, including to carry out regular stock checks and ensure physical stock on hands agrees with the computer records.
• Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
• To be vigilant in regard to security and report any security related instances immediately to the relevant manager.
• To record any incidents or accidents in line with company policy.
• To take responsibility for the opening and closing of the garden shop and ensuring the security of the premises and stock.
• Ensure the cleanliness of the shop is in compliance with company policy and maintain a cleaning schedule (hoovering, disinfecting, cleaning of coffee machine etc)
• Ensure perishable items are stored in line with HSE requirements.
• Ensuring that garden seating / tables are washed down each morning, are cleaned during the day as vacated by customers and arranged in a welcoming manner.
• Complying with the Health & Safety Statement requirements of the organisation and legislation
• To undertake any other reasonable duties which may be assigned to you by the garden manager
The person appointed to this role will ideally meet the following requirements:
• Have at least one year’s experience in shop retail
• Horticultural Certification (QQI or equivalent) – would be an advantage however a willingness to learn is desired.
• Work as part of a team fostering good working relationship with colleagues
• Have fluent English
• Excellent communication and friendly outgoing nature
• Strong attention to detail
• Self-motivated and a team player
• An ability to work on your own initiative
• Innovative and creative
• Flexible and adaptive
• Good organisational skills and patience
• Physical stamina
Conditions of employment:
Salary: In accordance with the current National Wage Agreement currently €11.30 per hour
Working Days: 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday
Hours: 39 hours per week
Annual Leave: Your holiday entitlements shall be 8% of hours worked per contracted term and shall be given in accordance with the provisions of Part III of the Organisation of Working Time Act, 1997. We reserve the right to calculate annual leave based on time worked.
Duration of contract: The contract is a Temporary Contract of Employment
Location of the position: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow. Any change in location will notified to you in advance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Closing Date for Applications: 23rd April 2023
Application forms can be found on our website https://www.festinalente.ie/forms/festina-lente-job-application-form/
Informal enquiries can be made by contacting the HR Dept. at HR@FestinaLente.ie
Interviews will be held: 25th – 28th April 2023
Interview Location will be Old Connaught Ave, Bray, Co Wicklow
FESTINA LENTE MISSION STATEMENT
Festina Lente provides a unique range of equestrian and horticultural activities, training, recreational events and employment services with a strong emphasis on social inclusion, choice and personal development. The services are provided through the following:
• Equestrian Training Programme
• Transition Training Programme
• Festina Lente Equestrian Learning Centre
• Equine Assisted Learning
• Equine Facilitated Education Programme
• Therapeutic Riding Service
• Saol Anois Day Service
• Festina Lente Gardens