During school holiday periods one of the activities that we offer in our Equestrian Centre are Pony Camps.
There are different camps based on levels of experience and ages and we cater for children & young people from the age of 4 years upwards under the constant supervision of our qualified and experienced coaches. We keep the numbers of our camps very small so that your child will receive lots of 1-to-1 attention and also for safety reasons.
Our Beginner Improver Level Pony Camps are great fun and a positive way to improve horse riding skills and learn more about taking care of the horses and ponies.
We offer Beginner Improver Level Pony Camps for children who will take part in horse riding lessons and learn horse care and stable management as part of the camps. This will all be done with support from our wonderful experienced coaches and helpers throughout the camp duration.
We do riding lessons in our indoor and outdoor arenas as well as doing trail riding outside in our sensory trail and our camps are not dry weather dependent.
*Depending on the length of the camp your child will learn and do the following:
Horse Riding Lessons:
● Learn how to bring your own horse from the stable.
● Learn how to check your girth and stirrups before mounting.
● Learn how to check your own girth when mounted.
● Learn how to fix your stirrups when mounted.
● Learn how to walk on your own ride with accuracy with your horse.
● Learn how to trot in balance and work in a two point seat.
● Learn diagonals when trotting.
● Learn how to change rein using the arena markers
● Learn how to ride different circles sizes.
● Learn how to ride in jumping seat in balance and control your horse’s direction.
● Learn how to ride over trotting poles to help improve balance.
Horse Care & Stable Management Lessons:
● Learn how to look after your pony.
● Learn what to do if you were left in change of a pony.
● Learn how to look after your pony if he was living in a field and to recognise if the field was suitable.
● Learn how to look after your pony if he was living in a stable and to recognise if the stable was suitable.
● Learn how to feed and what to feed your pony.
● Learn how to keep you stable health e.g. mucking out fresh water.
● Learn how to put on a head collar and tight up with the correct knot.
● Learn how to lead your pony correctly so you can put your pony out to the field.
● Learn how to long line or lunge a pony.
● Learn how to be aware of your pony’s body health with grooming.
● Learn how to tack up so you can ride.
* Please note the content of the Beginner Improver Level Pony Camps will be decided by the duration of the camps especially the horse care & stable management lessons due to time limitations, ie the 3 Day Pony Camp will learn the above content and get two horse riding lessons per day. Content will also be adjusted to the age of the riders attending.