Festina Lente Equestrian Centre provides an inclusive environment which fosters each person’s learning and well-being in a supportive, nurturing and fun manner.
Our Equestrian Centre has developed a strong reputation for excellence in high level coaching, inclusion of children and persons with special needs through therapeutic riding and learning programmes and a place to have fun and provides an integrated working and learning environment to hundreds of people every year!
Our Equestrian Centre is fully approved by both the Association of Irish Riding Establishments (AIRE) and the British Horse Society (BHS)
Our excellent facilities include a very large all-weather floodlit indoor arena, a large outdoor arena, outdoor paddocks and sensory trails.
We offer riding lessons, dressage schooling and jumping tuition, long lining and lunging as well as stable management training.
Our riding coaches have qualifications from the British Horse Society (BHS) andor Horse Sport Ireland and we are committed to delivering high quality coaching for people who wish to learn to ride in an emphatic and enjoyable way.
Excellent Horse Welfare also plays a key role in Festina Lente Equestrian Centre.
One innovative way we can help in this regard is through the use of a Horse Simulator. “Troy” is a five-speed mechanical horse simulator who can make transitions from walk to canter; buttons on his side allow the coach to control speed.
• The Educational Helper Programme is a programme designed to educate children and adults in a number of areas of equine care and stable care including learning how horses communicate & how to communicate with them is perfect for people who want to get more involved in equine care. Graduates can become a volunteer in our riding school.
• Our Equine Assisted Learning Programme facilitates adults and children to learn about themselves and experience personal growth and development.
• We also run an Equine Facilitated Educational Programme during the school term and holidays for young people at risk of educational disadvantage. The young people come in every morning and learn all about the care and welfare of horses whilst at the same time developing their social and emotional well-being.
• Therapeutic Riding Lessons in a variety of specially designed sensory therapeutic riding trails
• Our Supported Helpers Programme is for young people with a disability who wish to help out in a stable yard like many other teenagers but require a higher level of support and supervision.
• Our Equine Assisted Learning Programme can facilitate adults and children with special needs to learn about themselves and experience personal growth and development.
• We offer specific equestrian training for Special Olympics Equestrian Games competitors.
Our Equestrian Training Programme is designed to suit people with learning disabilities who are looking for a career in the equine world.
• The Equine Assisted Learning Facilitator Training Programme will provide learners with the skills, understanding and practical experience of involving equines in programmes which can assist in the achievement of cognitive and behavioural changes amongst young people, teenagers and adults. This course is accredited through QQI Fetac and Festina Lente.
• Therapeutic Riding Coaching Programme is a highly interactive programme which aims is to equip participants with the skills and knowledge required to enable them to work as a Therapeutic Riding Coach. This course is accredited through QQI Fetac and I.A.C.E..
You can read the Festina Lente full Terms and Conditions by clicking here. We advise all our clients and visitors to read our Terms and Conditions.
Festina Lente are members of the following organisations:
Festina Lente is supported by Pobal as a Community Service Programme